Friday, March 23, 2018

SHE'S ALIVE

I'D LIKE TO FIRST BRIEFLY APOLOGIZE FOR MY INACTIVITY, BUT IN MY DEFENSE THERE IS JUST SO MUCH HAPPENING.

Last Saturday I finally I put an end to the long and painful journey that was completing my fish puppet!

Last time I updated you, I had just sprayed the fish with the enamel clear coating and was worried the acrylic paint wasn't gonna stick. So I got home and I sanded the surface of it carefully so that the paint had a grain to stick to. I may have gone a little mad and I put over 15 different coats of acrylic paint on the fish, just to make sure it wouldn't come off ( I started with thinner coats and slowly built up the ratio of paint to water).



Once I was done painting, I wasn't really satisfied with the color of the fins and eyelids, so I decided to redo them entirely in a shade of orange. This ended up working in making the fish look more friendly because of the more playful feeling the orange gives off- as opposed to the more aggressive red.


Then, because I still feared for my fish child's safety underwater, I went back AGAIN with the clear enamel spray to make the surface even more water resistant (this proved to be necessary while filming). Later that night,  I did a quick little test with the fish bowl to make sure things would go smoothly during the shoot.



And just like that my beautiful stupid fish child learned to swim, well sort of. I had to tweak some things and secure the string, but it's done!!!


See ya!

No comments:

Post a Comment