Friday, March 30, 2018

Editing is No Fun

Warning: this post includes teenage whining. 

The title says it all. I began editing earlier this week, shortly after I had finished filming, but I wish I could just go back to filming. After such a fun week of filming, locking myself in my room to edit during spring break is the last thing I want to be doing.

My editing process goes something like this:

1. Review footage and cry because I forgot that one thing.

2. Bang head against a wall.

3. Stare blankly at a wall, any wall works (a fish is also acceptable).

4. Put the clips in order.

5. Make a mess on Final Cut Pro that somehow hides your mistakes.

6. Ask Zoe how to do that one thing you've never done before.

7. Repeat steps 2 and 3.

8. Realize you're not done editing so you can't really finish your quirky step by step list.

Okay all jokes and whining aside, I knew this wasn't going to be easy. I've never used Final Cut Pro, though I'm pretty competent as of right now, and to my surprise my film is actually really reliant on editing. Animating the fish's mouth- which I knew was possible but Zoe taught me how to do- takes a considerable amount of time and patience, and graphic matches are hard to pull off right. Overall, I'm trying my best, and as long as I try my best  I'm sure it'll come to fruition.

See ya next time!

No comments:

Post a Comment