Wednesday, March 28, 2018

IT'S A WRAP

I am writing this very late at night after quite a long week so it's hard to articulate how relieved I am to be done filming, but trust me, I'M VERY EXCITED!

I'll spare you the details because I know you're probably tired of reading about how much I love filming, but here's how it went down:

All I had left to shoot was the underwater scenes and the shots of the fish creeping up on the protagonist. So once again we met up at Dakota's house in the afternoon and began filming what I didn't know was gonna be one of the most challenging scenes I've had to film.

The toughest by far was the shots in which Leandro fell into the pool with clothes on. I'm so thankful he even agreed to do that, because I was struggling without any extra layers on me. We had to do about ten different takes of Leandro falling into the water, and then I had to get close ups of his face, feet and hands. It's probably worth noting the water was freezing despite it being a beautiful warm day, so that didn't make it any easier. Oh also, DID I MENTION THE CAMERA WE USED HAD NO VIEWFINDER? It was already hard enough as it was, but now I had to forget all I knew about framing and go blind and hope for the best. I had set up the GoPro so that it sent the clips directly to my phone, but even then I had to go back and check at the edge of the pool after every take. Needless to say, it was not easy.
Still from pool scene, color corrected.
We shot in Dakota's pool which, although it's not as deep as I had envisioned, worked pretty well.
The rest of the underwater shots were easier in comparison, but I still have a lot of unusable footage I have to work around.
Leandro, being unbelievably patient.
All I had to do was shoot the remaining shots of the fish creeping up on the protagonist. I shot those the following day at my friend's house because his walls are a muted blue, which was close enough to match the other shots! That was by far the easiest to shoot- which was a nice end to shooting :)








No comments:

Post a Comment