Tuesday, March 27, 2018

Filming Day 3

After a successful second day of filming, I was feeling pretty confident (maybe a little too much so). So I scheduled to film the remaining scenes with Leandro at my friend Dakota's house. I was planning to film all of the underwater scenes, a montage of the son as a "little kid," and a scene in the protagonist's bedroom.

We began filming at around two. I decided to film the montage first because it was the most time sensitive- I needed high key lighting, so shooting as close to midday as possible was ideal. This scene was pretty easy to execute- if you ignore the fact that I got soaked carrying a fishbowl full of water from the community pool bathroom to the field. We drove to an open field near Dakota's house, set up a nice picnic blanket, and it didn't take too long to film :)
Still from film, color corrected. 

Then we headed back to her house to film the scene's in the bedroom. I wasn't originally planning to shoot those that same day but I figured I might as well since Leandro was there. Because Dakota's hot pink walls were impossible to tone down even with color correction, we filmed in her sister's baby blue room. I couldn't really shoot the other parts of the room because the furniture was a bit too distracting, but despite being a little set back I was glad to have those scenes done!
Still from film, color corrected. 
After about two and a half hours of filming (it really didn't feel like that long), we started shooting the  pool scenes. It wasn't looking too good for me given that there was already a shadow casted across half of the pool. Regardless, we started shooting. Except we had to stop not long after because Leandro was supposed to be home. Still, we got a lot done, which is what really matters!!

Until next time!



No comments:

Post a Comment