Thursday, April 5, 2018

[Inaudible Gargling]

Last Wednesday I met with my wonderfully kind (and patient) friend David to start recording the fish's voice. The wondrous idea to have this dumb fish speak actually surfaced out of the depths of nonsense one night at David's house. I don't remember what we were doing exactly, but we somehow ended up making dumb noises- I'm sure you can figure out how it all came together.

So since I had my wonderful fish casted already all we had to do was actually record the lines. And bOy iT wAs fUN! At first, we recorded the same sounds we initially had made that first day, but it was lacking that underwater feeling. So naturally we decided to gargle. 

David was laying on his bathroom floor with his head resting on the bathtub. Facing up, he was in the perfect position to question why he ever agreed to do this (by "this" I mean be friends with me, he had no choice in helping me under friend contract). Our process consisted of him taking a gulp of water, me telling him his lines, and then recording it on my phone. Despite our initial setbacks, and David almost drowning a couple times, we developed a pretty streamlined process by the end of it. Sure, he did end up drinking a concerning amount of water, but on the upside he's never been more hydrated!
David, hiding his pain with a smile. 
Also, recording this actually lengthened my film, I was originally under the time limit by quite a bit, but this added a couple seconds more to my film!

I never expected to be spending my senior year weekday making unintelligible noises in my best friend's bathroom (while his confused abuela listened warily), but I'm having a great time, and I'm so excited to finish this project!

See ya!

https://goo.gl/images/228CAm


No comments:

Post a Comment